UPDATED FOR 2022
Imagine having access to hundreds of prospects without driving hundreds of miles. Participating in a retail program is a great way to increase your community exposure and generate more sales during the AEP by reaching prospects you otherwise could not. We’re pleased to announce that Gordon Marketing agents will have access to the Healthcare Begins Here program at participating Walmart locations nationwide!
As it is in the retail world, location is everything. Take time now to identify some Walmart locations (Supercenters, traditional Walmart, Neighborhood Markets) that you may be interested in requesting. Not all stores are available to choose from. Here are some tips on how to choose a great location:
- Supercenters have more traffic than the traditional Walmart stores, and the traditional stores generally have more traffic than Neighborhood Markets.
- Just because the store is close to your house doesn’t mean it serves a large Medicare population. Visit the store(s) during the morning hours and pay attention to the shoppers to see if the clientele fits your target demographic.
- Pay attention to drive time. A store that’s 30 minutes away now may be an hour away during the winter months.
- IMPORTANT: The store selection process happens quickly, and by submitting a request you are committing yourself to staffing the store and paying the fee.
Here are some key things to know about the Healthcare Begins Here program:
- Runs from October 10th to December 7th
- Agents must be appointed with at least 2 of the top 3 MA carriers in their local market
- $1500 fee per store, due immediately upon request
- Staff a minimum of 20 hours per week over at least 3 days
- Report your daily activity (visitors, appointments, sales, etc.)
- Medicare Advantage certifications must be completed by September 1st
- Store requests are not guaranteed, so act fast!